Friday, December 7, 2012

Pet Battles are Addictive. And Evil.

So, as Navi alluded to in the comment on my previous post, after wanting something mind numbing to do, I dipped my toe into the murky water, nay, quicksand of Pet Battles. Much like quicksand, the more you struggle, the deeper you sink.

In the space of two hours, I went from zero interest in pet battles to nine achievements, no losses, and walking over most of the Northern Barrens ON FOOT, with no movement increase in the search for pets.

After killing a green and two blue wild pets, I jumped back onto Sohei just long enough to learn the Turnip, and then back into the fray. I have got this bug BAD! In my defence I have had relatives staying this week and the turn-based pet battle encounters are well suited to looking like you are listening to conversations and being able to participate in said conversations without being told to stop playing WoW by Mrs Saund.

I also bought the Cinder Kitten (my first ever pet store purchase) - at least it is for a good cause!  Now a few days later, I have the following evidence of the depths to which I have sunk:

160 Pet Battle Achievement Points.
77 Captured pets
10 Rare captured pets
192 pet battle wins
A battle team of 2 x level 10 and a level 9 pet (including said Kitty)

... plus the almost unavoidable desire to stop all menaingful activites to level my pets so that I can tame stuff when I am doing dailies in Pandaria!

 Um, yes. So, Pet battles. Don't start 'em unless you plan to keep going. :D

Oh, and Navi, stop laughing :D

8 comments:

  1. Who's laughing? It's more like cheering. Except for that I-told-you-so giggle :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muhahaha ... you are one of us now, you can never leave, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, ToA, I'm pretty sure there is a Clockwork gnome somewhwere singing 'Hotel California' and sounding like the Chipmunks. Rotfl.

    "Relax, " said the night man,
    "We are programmed to receive.
    You can check-out any time you like,
    But you can never leave! "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's perfect, that would make a great musical parody!

      Delete
  4. Yeah so ... once you have pets that ARE high enough level to pet battle in Pandaria? You can kiss doing dailies goodbye once and for all. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Repgrind, I found that out myself over the weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this was an exceptionally good post. Spending some time and actual effort to create a top notch article… but what can I say… I put things off a whole lot and don't manage to get anything done.

    armstrongkennels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Procrastination is certainly an art, but I think the important thing is to do a variety of different things to avoid burn out - the sheer number of dailies in MoP got to me in the end.

    ReplyDelete